Cothi Valley Goats
With corporate connections running smoothly in the background, Lynn was able to appear more and more at the Farmers Markets that were popping up all over in the 1990s London as the desire to live and buy more locally became a popular intention within households all over the country. Customers were showing signs of tiring of chainstores, globalism and being detached from the production of their food; the tides were really turning within the food economy. TV dinners and convenience foods started dropping off the radar; people wanted real food from real farms with real ingredients. Added to this, the medicinal benefits of goats milk over cow’s was becoming more well-publicised and many people were increasing their intake of goat dairy produce and Lynn and her ‘Goatylicious’ herd met these demands fantastically.
A move to a quieter setting in 2003 saw the family and flock relocate to Carmarthenshire, where their British Alpine, Toggenburg, and British Saanen herd enjoy the lushest local pastures near Talley Abbey and the family work together to provide the freshest milk and proper butter, which you can find in regular supply on their stall alongside fantastic goodies like their baking and savoury pasties: you can keep the household well fed with a wide variety of handmade, homebaked hearty goodies made using their own produce like
- vegetarian pies, pasties and quiches, all made with goats milk and goats cheese
- custard tarts and cheesecakes, croissants, frangipanes and more – all made with goats milk
- meat pasties and pies with fillings like Jamaican goat, bbq pork, lamb, beef and chicken
- Scotch eggs made with their own pork and Talley eggs – their delicious vegetarian take on these great portable snacks
- They also have plans to introduce new products: pork terrines and rillettes will be heading to Carmarthenshire dinner tables over the next few months.
As established members of the Goats Milk Producers Association and Nationwide Caterers Association, Goatylicious is proud to display a 5-star hygiene rating and conforms to all HACCP Food Safety standards, ensuring the highest quality care and attention at all stages of the business from herd welfare to quality control.
- St Dogmael’s Abbey market, SA43 3DX every Tuesday morning between 9am and 1pm.
- Aberystwyth Farmers market, SY23 2NF on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month.
- Carmarthen Food Assembly: order online and collect from Johnstown every Thursday. Find out more about that here.
- Similarly, pre-order and collect at Llandeilo on Friday mornings via the Black Mountain Food Hub.
Alternatively, find them at food festivals and agricultural shows around south Wales throughout the season but in the meantime, make sure to call and see them at one of their local stalls or give them at ring on 07512 923 075 to make your enquiries or place your order.
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Cothi Valley Goats